Friday, March 15, 2024

I Will Praise You, O Lord My God - Psalms 86:12

In Psalms chapter eighty six David said, “Teach me your way, O LORD; I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name”, and in chapter eighty six and verse twelve of Psalms David said, “I will praise you, O Lord my God” where we read,

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name for evermore.

The verse begins, I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: David began with the words, “I will praise you” or “I, David, shall laud, give honor and thanks to you, Jehovah God”, “O Lord my God” which means “O Adonay or reverent master my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “with all my heart” or “by the use of the totality and whole of my, David's, inner man, mind, soul, understanding, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution, determination, conscience and seat of emotions and passions”. David said he would give honor and thanks to his reverent Master Jehovah God by the use of all his soul and mind.

The verse continues,and I will glorify your name for evermore. David added the words, “and I will glorify your name” or “and I, David, shall honor, praise and worship your, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory” “for evermore” which means “for long duration, futurity, everlastingness, perpetually, to continuous existence and eternity”. David said he would honor and praise Jehovah God's reputation, fame and glory for all eternity.

When we meditate upon words in this verse, we see how David broke out in praise and honor to Jehovah God by the use of all his soul, and he determined to praise and honor His reputation, fame and glory perpetually. David made his appeal to Jehovah God, and when he knew God responded to him, He glorified Him. God loves us, and He wants us to give Him praise, honor and glory for sending His Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life which will inspire us to honor and praise His name for all eternity.

Next time David says, “for great is your mercy toward me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment