Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Crying Unto Father God - Psalms 89:26

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said concerning David, “the enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him. And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him. But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted. I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse twenty-six of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God said of David, “He shall cry unto me” where we read,

He shall cry unto me, You are my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

The verse begins, He shall cry unto me, You are my father, ... Ethan began with the words, “He shall cry unto me” or “He, David, will call out, shout aloud and proclaim to me, Jehovah God”, “You are my father” which means “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, originator, patron, ruler and chief”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said David would shout aloud to Him that He was His originator and ruler.

The verse goes on to say,... my God, and the rock of my salvation. Ethan continued with the words, “my God” or “my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “and the rock” which means “and the boulder, refuge and strength” “of my salvation” or “pertaining to my, David's, rescue, deliverer and liberator”. Ethan shared how David would also declare the Divine judge Jehovah God to be the foundation strength of his deliverance and liberation.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared how Jehovah God knew David would call out to Him as His originator and ruler, and as the Divine judge would exist as David's strong foundation of deliverance and rescue. God desires to have this type of relationship with us through His Son Jesus, and He sent Him into the world to die on the cross for our sins so we could be forgiven and live with Him forever. God will be our “father” as we shout aloud unto Him, and He shall be our strong foundation of deliverance for all eternity.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says of David, “I will make him my firstborn”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment