Thursday, March 14, 2024

Be Merciful to Me - Psalms 86:3

In Psalms chapter eighty six David said, “Bow down your ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O you my God, save your servant that trusts in you”, and in chapter eighty six and verse three of Psalms David said, “be merciful unto me, O Lord” where we read,

Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto you daily.

The verse begins, Be merciful unto me, O Lord: David began with the words, “be merciful unto me” or “be gracious, show favor and pity to me, David”, “O Lord” which means “O Adonay or reverent master”. David appealed to the reverent master Jehovah God to show favor and grace to Him.

The verse goes on to say,for I cry unto you daily. David continued with the words, “for I cry” or “because, since and on account that I, David, call out, utter a loud sound, summon and give invitation” “unto you daily” which means “to you, Jehovah God, from sunrise to sunset and sunset to sunrise”. David said he cried aloud unto Jehovah God throughout every day.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David prayed that Jehovah God would show favor to him because He cried aloud to Him every day. God wants us to engage Him day by day, and He makes Himself available to us every day through a relationship with His Son Jesus. He sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and those sins separated us from Him. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be merciful to us as we call out to Him every day.

Next time David says, “Rejoice the soul of your servant”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment