Thursday, March 21, 2024

Round About Me Daily - Psalms 88:17

In Psalms eighty eight the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer your terrors I am distracted. Your fierce wrath goes over me; your terrors have cut me off”, and in chapter eighty eight and verse seventeen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “they came round about me daily” where we read,

They came round about me daily like water; they compassed me about together.

The verse begins, They came round about me daily like water; The Psalmist began with the words, “they came round about me daily” or “they, the terrors of God, encircled and surrounded me, the Psalmist, each and every day” “like water” which means “in a similar manner and likeness to dangerous and violent water”. The Psalmist said the terrors of Jehovah God surrounded him like torrents of water every day.

The verse goes on to say,they compassed me about together. The Psalmist continued with the words, “they compassed me about” or “they, the terrors of God, struck of the skin of and made a complete circuit around me, the Psalmist,” “together” which means “ in union and united”. The Psalmist said the terrors of Jehovah God completed a united circuit around him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist felt like he was encompassed with the terrors of Jehovah God. It was as through troubles were coming from everywhere. Perhaps we have felt like this at times. When this happens, we should remember that God inspired every scripture written in the Bible, so He knew in advance that we would experience difficulties. He desired our salvation, especially eternally, and therefore He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us even when we feel assaulted by terrors all around us.

Next time the Psalmist says, “lover and friend have you put far from me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment