Friday, March 15, 2024

Teach Me Your Way - Psalms 86:11

In Psalms chapter eighty six David said of Jehovah God, “All nations whom you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord; and shall glorify your name. For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone”, and in chapter eighty six and verse eleven of Psalms David said, “teach me your way, O LORD” where we read,

Teach me your way, O LORD; I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name.

The verse begins, Teach me your way, O LORD; I will walk in your truth: David began with the words, “teach me your way” or “direct, inform and instruct me, David, your, Jehovah God's, manner, direction, journey and path”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”; “I will walk” or “I, David, shall proceed, move, go, traverse and amble about” “in your truth” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, firmness, faithfulness, sureness, reliability and continuance”. David called upon Jehovah God to instruct Him according to His manner and path, and he resolved to journey according to God's faithfulness and reliability.

The verse goes on to say,unite my heart to fear your name. David continued with the words, “unite my heart” or “join together and assemble my, David's, inner man, mind, soul, understanding, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution, determination, conscience and seat of emotions and passions” “to fear your name” which means “to revere, be in awe of, honor and respect your, Jehovah God's, reputation, fame and glory”. David appealed to Jehovah God to join together his inner man and conscious to respect and be in awe of His reputation, fame and glory.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David knew he was in need of God's instruction so that he could make his way according to God's manner of living. He also knew his inner man and soul was divided, and he was in need of God joining them together so that he would respect Him. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal intimate relationship with every person through His Son Jesus. He sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life, show us His “ways” as He joins our hearts together to respect and revere Him.

Next time David says, “I will praise you, O Lord my God”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment