Monday, March 18, 2024

Let Prayer Come Before You - Psalms 88:2

In Psalms eighty eight the Psalmist said, “O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before you”, and in chapter eighty eight and verse two of Psalms the Psalmist said, “Let my prayer come before you” where we read,

Let my prayer come before you: incline your ear unto my cry;

The verse begins, Let my prayer come before you: The Psalmist began with the words, “Let my prayer” or “allow and permit my, the Psalmist's, intercession and supplication which by implication is a hymn” “come before you” which means “enter in front and within the presence of you, Jehovah God”. The Psalmist wanted Jehovah God to allow his intercession to be in His presence.

The verse continues,incline your ear unto my cry; The Psalmist added the words, “incline your ear” or “stretch out, extend, offer and bend down your, Jehovah God's, organ for hearing” “unto my cry” which means “to my, the Psalmist's, ringing entreaty, supplication and praise”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to bend his ear toward his supplication and entreaty.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see the Psalmist beckoning Jehovah God to allow his oration and supplication to enter into His presence, and he wanted God to listen to his entreaty. The Psalmist cried out to God both day and night, and now he wanted God to hear him. God wants to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus who came into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and permit us to call out to Him and be heard.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my soul is full of troubles”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment