Monday, March 18, 2024

My Soul is Full of Troubles - Psalms 88:3

In Psalms eighty eight the Psalmist said, “O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before you. Let my prayer come before you: incline your ear unto my cry”, and in chapter eighty eight and verse three of Psalms the Psalmist said, “my soul is full of troubles” where we read,

For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draws near unto the grave.

The verse begins, For my soul is full of troubles: The Psalmist began with the words, “For my soul” or “because, since and on account that my, the Psalmist's, inner man, mind, heart, living being, desire and seat of emotions and passions” “is full of troubles” which means “exists as satisfied, filled and surfeited with bad, evil, disagreeableness and malignancy”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that His inner man, mind and heart was surfeited and filled with evil and malignancy.

The verse goes on to say,and my life draws near unto the grave. The Psalmist continued with the words, “and my life draws near” or “and my, the Psalmist's, living, sustenance and maintenance reaches, extends and approaches” “unto the grave” which means “toward sheol, the underworld, hell and the pit”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that his very living and sustenance approached and extended toward the underworld or sheol.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist poured out his heart to Jehovah God because his inner man and mind was filled with bad and disagreeableness. He said his living being was approaching the underworld and hell. In other words, the Psalmist was greatly troubled and he felt like he was condemned. (See John 3:17) God makes Himself available to all people through His Son Jesus whom He sent into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and listen to us when we pour out our hearts to him and are so overwhelmed that we feel like we are going to die.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I am counted with them that go down into the pit”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment