Monday, March 18, 2024

Them That God Down into the Pit - Psalms 88:4

In Psalms eighty eight the Psalmist said, “O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before you. Let my prayer come before you: incline your ear unto my cry. For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draws near unto the grave”, and in chapter eighty eight and verse four of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I am counted with them that go down into the pit” where we read,

I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that has no strength:

The verse begins, I am counted with them that go down into the pit: The Psalmist began with the words, “I am counted” or “I, the Psalmist, exist as reckoned, imputed and regarded” “with them that go down into the pit” which means “alongside the people both male and female who decline, descend and sink in a downward position in the well, cistern, fountain or dungeon”. The Psalmist declared Himself to be reckoned alongside people who descend into the cistern or dungeon.

The verse continues,I am as a man that has no strength: The Psalmist added the words, “I am as a man” or “I, the Psalmist, exist like unto a male human being” “that has no strength” which means “who does not have any power or help”. The Psalmist considered himself as a person who does not have any power or help.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist considered himself to be accounted with people who were destined for the cistern or well. He thought he was like a person who was without help. God knew this about the Psalmist, and it is good for us to remember that God inspired the Psalmist to write his words. When we realize God wants a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus, we will value that He sent Him into the world to die for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and hear us when we feel like we have been reckoned among those who are destined for the pit and helpless.

Next time the Psalmist shares about the, “free among the dead”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment