Wednesday, March 27, 2024

God's Mercy Kept - Psalms 89:28

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said of David, “He shall cry unto me, You are my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse twenty-eight of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God said of David, “my mercy will I keep for him” where we read,

My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

The verse begins, My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, ... Ethan began with the words, “My mercy” or “my, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “will I keep for him” which means “shall I, Jehovah God, guard, protect, preserve and watch over on behalf of him, David” “for evermore” or “unto long duration, futurity, everlasting, always, perpetually and unto continuous existence”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God would guard and watch over His goodness, faithfulness and kindness on behalf of David unto perpetuity.

The verse goes on to say,... and my covenant shall stand fast with him. Ethan continued with the words, “and my covenant” or “and my, Jehovah God's, alliance, pledge, treaty, constitution and ordinance” “shall stand fast with him” which means “will support, confirm, uphold and nourish him, David”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God would confirm and uphold His alliance and pledge with David.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how Ethan knew Jehovah God would watch over His goodness, kindness and faithfulness for David and His lineage eternally, and Jehovah God will never break His alliance and pledge with David because His Son Jesus came through Him. Jesus was sent into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and never break His everlasting promise for us to live with Him forever in Heaven.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says of David, “His seed also will I make to endure”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment