Tuesday, March 26, 2024

God's Hand Established - Psalms 89:21

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said, “I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse twenty-one of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God said of David, “with whom my hand shall be established” where we read,

With whom my hand shall be established: my arm also shall strengthen him.

The verse begins, With whom my hand shall be established: Ethan began with the words, “with whom” or “beside and alongside David” “my hand” which means “my, Jehovah God's, hand of power, might and authority” “shall be established” or “will exist as firm, stable and fixed”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said His power, might and authority would exist as fixed and made firm with David.

The verse continues,my arm also shall strengthen him. Ethan added the words, “my arm” or “my, Jehovah God's, forearm or shoulder of strength” “also shall strengthen him” which means “even so and indeed will make him, David, strong, alert, courageous, brave, solid and secure”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God would make David strong, brave and courageous by the might of His powerful “arm”.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared how Jehovah God would be the source of strength, power and bravery within David. These characteristics were to be fixed by God upon him, and because His Son Jesus was to be born from the lineage of David, David would be powerful and mighty. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for the sins of everyone, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. The salvation of the world was at stake, and it is no wonder that God would cause His servant David to endure through His powerful and mighty hand and arm.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says of David, “the enemy shall not exact upon him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment