Thursday, March 21, 2024

Why Cast Off My Soul? - Psalms 88:14

In Psalms eighty eight the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “unto you have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent you”, and in chapter eighty eight and verse fourteen of Psalms the Psalmist asked, “LORD, why cast you off my soul?” where we read,

LORD, why cast you off my soul? why hide you your face from me?

The verse begins, LORD, why cast you off my soul? The Psalmist began with the word, “LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “why cast you off” which means “for what reason and cause have you, Jehovah God, rejected, spurned and removed far away” “my soul” or “my, the Psalmist's, inner man, mind, heart, will, living being, desire and seat of emotions and passions”? The Psalmist questioned Jehovah God for the reason that He removed and rejected His inner man, mind, heart and will.

The verse continues,why hide you your face from me? The Psalmist added the words, “why hide you your face” or “for what reason and cause do you, Jehovah God, conceal, make absent and hidden your, Jehovah God's, surface, person, presence and countenance” “from me” which means “separate and apart from me, the Psalmist”? The Psalmist questioned the reason that Jehovah God concealed His countenance and presence from him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we discover how the Psalmist asked Jehovah God for the reason that He rejected His inner man and heart and kept His countenance hidden from him. The Psalmist felt like God abandoned him, and sometimes we feel that way as well. God is always with us, and when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, He revealed His plan of salvation which is offered to everyone. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us even when we feel like He is no where to be found. (See Matthew 28:20)

Next time the Psalmist says, “I am afflicted and ready to die”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment