Thursday, March 14, 2024

Preserve My Soul - Psalms 86:2

In Psalms chapter eighty six David prayed, “Bow down your ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy”, and in chapter eighty six and verse two of Psalms David said, “preserve my soul; for I am holy”, where we read,

Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O you my God, save your servant that trusts in you.

The verse begins, Preserve my soul; for I am holy: David began with the words, “preserve my soul” or “keep, guard, observe and give heed to my, David's, inner man, mind, heart, living being, desire and seat of emotions and passions”; “for I am holy” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, exist as faithful, kind, godly and pious”. David appealed to Jehovah God to guard and keep his mind and heart because he considered himself as faithful, godly and pious.

The verse continues,O you my God, save your servant that trusts in you. David added the words, “O you my God” or “O you, my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “save your servant” which means “deliver, rescue and make victorious your, Jehovah God's, bondman, man of servile condition and worshiper” “that trusts in you” or “who has confidence, boldness and security within you, Jehovah God”. David called upon the Divine judge Jehovah God to rescue His worshiping bondman who puts his faith and confidence within Him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David prayed that Jehovah God would keep and guard his heart and mind because he considered himself godly and pious. He knew God would rescue him because he put his faith in Him while he served. God wants everyone to call out to Him for preservation and salvation, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and “preserve” and “save” us as we “trust” Him and serve in His Kingdom.

Next time David says, “be merciful unto me, O Lord”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment