Thursday, March 21, 2024

Your Fierce Wrath - Psalms 88:16

In Psalms eighty eight the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer your terrors I am distracted”, and in chapter eighty eight and verse sixteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “your fierce wrath goes over me” where we read,

Your fierce wrath goes over me; your terrors have cut me off.

The verse begins, Your fierce wrath goes over me; The Psalmist began with the words, “your fierce wrath” or “your, Jehovah God's, burning anger, sore displeasure and fury” “goes over me” which means “crosses over, traverses and passes beyond me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist shared how the burning anger and sore displeasure of Jehovah God passes beyond him.

The verse continues,your terrors have cut me off. The Psalmist added the words, “your terrors” or “your, Jehovah God's, alarms” “have cut me off” which means “have put an end to, destroyed, exterminated, extirpated me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist shared how the alarms of Jehovah God caused him to be exterminated and destroyed.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God's burning anger and sore displeasure compassed him, and His alarms destroyed him. Is it any wonder why the Psalmist called out to Jehovah God? God wants us to go to him when we are overwhelmed, and even when we think that He has risen against us, we should remember that He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us when we suffer sore displeasure and alarms which cause us to fear.

Next time the Psalmist says, “they came round about me daily”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment