Friday, March 15, 2024

Great is Jehovah God's Mercy - Psalms 86:13

In Psalms chapter eighty six David said, “I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name for evermore”, and in chapter eighty six and verse thirteen of Psalms David said, “for great is your mercy toward me” where we read,

For great is your mercy toward me: and you have delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

The verse begins, For great is your mercy toward me: David began with the words, “for great is your mercy” or “because, since and on account that Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness exists as large, intense, important and distinguished” “toward me” which means “to me, David”. David said he would give praise and honor to Jehovah God for all eternity because His abundant goodness, faithfulness and kindness was extended to him.

The verse goes on to say,and you have delivered my soul from the lowest hell. David continued with the words, “and you have delivered my soul” or “and you, Jehovah God, have rescued and liberated my, David's, inner man, heart, mind, will, understanding ” “from the lowest hell” which means “separate and apart from the lowermost and deepest sheol, underworld, grave, pit and abode of the dead”. David said Jehovah God rescued and liberated him from the deepest grave, pit and abode of the dead.

When we meditate upon words in this verse, we see how David declared that he would offer praise and worship to Jehovah God because of His goodness, kindness and faithfulness extended to him. He knew God rescued him from the abode of the dead, and this indeed is worthy of anyone's praise. This is God's desire for us. Every person, because of their sins, is destined for an eternal separation in hell apart from God, and because God does not want this to be, He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord” , He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and liberate us from the deepest “hell” prepared for those who do not believe. (See Matthew 25:41)

Next time David says, “O God, the proud are risen against me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment