Friday, March 15, 2024

Calling Upon God in the Day of Trouble - Psalms 86:7

In Psalms chapter eighty six David said, “Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications”, and in chapter eighty six and verse seven of Psalms David said, “In the day of my trouble I will call upon you” where we read,

In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me.

The verse begins, In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: David began with the words, “in the day of my trouble” or “within the time or period pertaining to my, David's, straits, distresses and vexation” “I will call upon you” which means “I shall cry out, utter a loud sound, summon and invite you, Jehovah God”. David told Jehovah God that he would cry aloud to Jehovah God when times of distress and vexation come upon him.

The verse goes on to say,for you will answer me. David continued with the words, “for you” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God” “will answer me” which means “shall respond, speak, utter tunefully and sing to me, David”. David shared how he knew Jehovah God would respond to him in his time of vexation.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David knew who to call upon in his distresses. He called upon Jehovah God because he knew God would respond to him. David had a personal relationship with God, and we may have the same when we yield our lives to His Son Jesus who was sent into the world to die for our sins on the cross. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and listen to us when we cry out to Him in times of distress.

Next time David says, “among the gods there is none like unto you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment