Thursday, March 28, 2024

If Children Forsake God's Law - Psalms 89:30

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said of David, “My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse thirty of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God began to say of David, “If his children forsake my law” where we read,

If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;

The verse begins, If his children forsake my law, ... Ethan began with the words, “If his children” or “whether and in case his, David's, offspring, descendants and posterity” “forsake my law” which means “leave, neglect and apostatize my, Jehovah God's, direction, instruction, custom and manner”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God referred to the case of David's offspring leaving or neglecting His instruction and direction.

The verse goes on to say,... and walk not in my judgments; Ethan continued with the words, “and walk not” or “and do not amble about or make their way” “in my judgments” which means “within my, Jehovah God's, justice, ordinance, process, procedure, litigation or act of deciding a case”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God also referred to the possibility of David's offspring not making their way according to His processes and judgments.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared how Jehovah God began to make provision for David's offspring leaving and neglecting His directions and not making their way within His processes and procedures. God knows best for our lives, and because He knows everything, He will lead us according to His truth and righteousness. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to live by His Holy Spirit according to His perfect plan and will.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God continues to say of David's children, “If they break my statutes”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment