Thursday, March 28, 2024

God's Lovingkindness Not Taken Away - Psalms 89:33

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God began to say concerning David, “If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments. If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments. Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse thirty-three of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God continued to say of David's children, “nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him” where we read,

Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

The verse begins, Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, ... Ethan began with the words, “nevertheless my lovingkindness” or “nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover my, Jehovah God's, goodness, faithfulness and kindness” “will I not utterly take from him” which means “shall I, Jehovah God, in no way or manner remove, break and crush separate and apart from him, David”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said His goodness and faithfulness would not be removed from David.

The verse continues,... nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. Ethan added the words, “nor suffer” or “no and not in any way permit or allow” “my faithfulness to fail” which means “my, Jehovah God's, firmness, fidelity, steadfastness and steadiness to trick, cheat or deal falsely”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God would not allow His fidelity and steadiness to trick or cheat David.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared the way Jehovah God promised to continue extending His loving grace to David, and He would not remove it from him. He also would not allow His steadfastness and fidelity to cheat or defraud him. God loved David, and He was committed to him. He extends this same type of relationship to everyone who will yield themselves to His Son Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”, and because Jesus came to die on the cross for the sins of all people, He will forgive and grant everlasting life to everyone who believes and trusts in Him. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for providing their love and grace to us throughout eternity.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says, “my covenant will I not break”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment