Wednesday, March 27, 2024

God's Firstborn - Psalms 89:27

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said of David, “He shall cry unto me, You are my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse twenty-seven of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God said of David, “I will make him my firstborn” where we read,

Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

The verse begins, Also I will make him my firstborn, ... Ethan began with the words, “Also I will make him” or “even so and indeed I, Jehovah God, shall put, set, establish and assign him, David, as” “my firstborn” which means “my, Jehovah God's, firstling, chief and eldest”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said He would cause David to be His eldest and chief born one.

The verse continues,... higher than the kings of the earth. Ethan added the words, “higher than the kings” or “above and uppermost over the royal rulers ” “of the earth” which means “belonging to the land, country, territory, district, region and world”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said He would cause David to be exalted over and above all the other royal rulers in the world.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared the way Jehovah God chose David to be the royal ruler over the world because God's Son Jesus would come through David's lineage. John the apostle wrote, These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful” (See Revelation 27:14), and he has on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” (See Revelation 19:16) Jesus came into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and He shall rule as “King of Kings and Lord of Lords” forever. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to join His Kingdom to give Him praise, honor and glory for all eternity.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says of David, “my mercy will I keep for him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment