Tuesday, March 26, 2024

God's Servant David - Psalms 89:20

In Psalms eighty nine Ethan the Psalmist said, “the LORD is our defense; and the Holy One of Israel is our king. Then you spoke in vision to your holy one, and said, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people”, and in chapter eighty nine and verse twenty of Psalms Ethan shared how Jehovah God said, “I have found David my servant” where we read,

I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:

The verse begins, I have found David my servant; Ethan began with the words, “I have found” or “I, Jehovah God, have discovered, attained, secured and acquired” “David” whose name means “blessed and was the second king of Israel” “my servant” or “my, Jehovah God's, man of servile work, bondman and worshiper”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said He acquired and secured “David” as His bondman and worshiper.

The verse goes on to say,with my holy oil have I anointed him: Ethan continued with the words, “with my holy oil” or “by the use of my, Jehovah God's, sacred, set apart and ceremonially and religiously sanctified anointing oil” “have I anointed him” which means “have I, Jehovah God, consecrated him, David”. Ethan shared how Jehovah God said He consecrated David with His sacred anointing oil. (See 1 Samuel 16)

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how Ethan shared how Jehovah God selected David among the people of Israel to be the king of their land. Samuel the prophet obeyed Jehovah God and anointed David to be King well in advance of His actually ruling and reigning. David was God's chosen vessel through whom His Son Jesus would come, and when He arrived, He was to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. God loves us, and when we choose to follow Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and show us the great extent He went so that we might live with Him forever.

Next time Ethan the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says of David, “with whom my hand shall be established”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment