Monday, September 11, 2023

I Acknowledge My Sin - Psalms 32:5

In Psalms chapter thirty two David said, “Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputes not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah”, and in chapter thirty two and verse five of Psalms David said, “I acknowledged my sin unto you, and my iniquity have I not hid” where we read,

I acknowledged my sin unto you, and my iniquity have I not hid.

I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

The verse begins, I acknowledged my sin unto you, and my iniquity have I not hid. David began with the words, “I acknowledged” which means “I, David, knew, perceived, distinguished, admitted and confessed” “my sin unto you” or “my, David's, willful offense worthy of sacrifice, expiation and punishment to you, Jehovah God”, “and my iniquity” which means “and my, David's, perversity, depravity and guilt or punishment” “have I not hid” or “have I, David, in no way kept secret, covered or concealed”. David said he knew and confessed his willful offense to Jehovah God, and he in no way concealed his perversity from Him.

The verse continues,I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah. David added the words, “I said” or “I, David, uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “I will confess” which means “I, David, shall bemoan and shoot forth” “my transgressions” or “my, David's, willful rebellion, revolt and trespass” “unto the LORD” which means “toward Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”; “and you forgave the iniquity” or “and you, Jehovah God, lifted up, bore and carried away the perversity, depravity and guilt or punishment” “of my sin” which means “pertaining to my, David's, willful offense worthy of sacrifice, expiation and punishment”. “Selah” or “lift up, exalt and pause to meditate upon it”. David declared that he would bemoan his willful rebellion and revolt to Jehovah God, and when he did, Jehovah “forgave” him for the perversity of his errors and wrongs.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David did not keep his “sin” concealed or hidden, and when he “confessed” it before Jehovah God, God responded by “forgiving” him. God knows everything, and we can hide nothing from Him. When we admit we have sinned, He will forgive our sins because He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay the penalty of death for them. Paul the apostle wrote, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (See Romans 6:23), and when “we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”. (See 1 John 1:9) We have an open invitation from Almighty Jehovah God to “confess” our sins and receive His forgiveness, and this idea merits our reflection and meditation.

Next time David says, for this shall every one that is godly pray unto you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment