Monday, September 11, 2023

I Will Instruct and Teach You - Psalms 32:8

In Psalms chapter thirty two David said, “For this shall every one that is godly pray unto you in a time when you may be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come near unto him. You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah”, and in chapter thirty two and verse eight of Psalms David wrote how Jehovah said to him, “I will instruct you and teach you” where we read,

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye.

The verse begins, I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: David began with the words, “I will instruct you” which means “I, Jehovah God, shall cause, give insight and prosper you, David, to have comprehension, circumspection and wise understanding” “and teach you” or “and point, direct, lead and guide you, David” “in the way” which means “along the road, journey, manner and path” “which you shall go” or “that you, David, should walk, depart, proceed and move”. David wrote how Jehovah God told him that He would give him insight into wise understanding, and He would lead and guide him in his journey of life.

The verse goes on to say,I will guide you with my eye. David continued with the words, “I will guide you” or “I, Jehovah God, shall advise, consult, give counsel, deliberate and devise a plan” “with my eye” which means “by the use of my, Jehovah God's, mental and spiritual faculties”. David wrote how Jehovah God told him that He would give him counsel and advise him by the use of His mental and spiritual faculties.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see through David how Jehovah God entered his thoughts and confession. God desires to “instruct” and “teach” us His ways. He wants us to have His wisdom and direction for our lives, and when we yield to His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we receive forgiveness of sins, everlasting life and His Holy Spirit who will guide us into all truth and empower us to live according to that truth. (See John 14:16-18; John 16:12-15 and Acts 1:8) God loves us, and when we surrender to His Son Jesus, we will be equipped with His wisdom and direction as we learn from Him.

Next time Jehovah says to David, Be not as the horse, or the mule, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment