Sunday, September 24, 2023

No Enemies Wrongfully Rejoicing Over Me - Psalms 35:19

In Psalms chapter thirty five David asked, “Lord, how long will you look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions. I will give you thanks in the great congregation: I will praise you among much people”, and in chapter thirty-five and verse nineteen of Psalms, David said, “Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me” where we read,

Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me:

neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.

The verse begins, Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me:” David began with the words, “Let not them that are my enemies” which means “do not allow and permit the people whether male or female who exist as my, David's, hating foes and adversaries” “wrongfully rejoice over me” or “in a disappointing, fraudulent and false manner be glad, glee filled and merry over me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to allow the people who were his hating foes and adversaries to be glad and merry over him.

The verse continues,neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause. David added the words, “neither let them wink with the eye” or “no and not in any way allow or permit them, the enemies of David, to narrowly form, pinch or squeeze off” “that hate me” which means “who are odious and hateful to me, David” “without a cause” or “not having a reason”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to allow his hating foes to bat or pinch their eye toward him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David appealed to Jehovah God not to allow and permit his hating foes to be glad and merry over him nor gloat over his sorrow with a malicious “wink” of their eye. David knew the people who hated him would be happy whenever he was in difficulties and afflictions, and they would boast and triumph over his sorrow. David appealed to Jehovah God to stop his foes in their merry state and gloating manner, and because Jehovah loved David, He would come to his aid. God loves everyone, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay the penalty for sins which is death. (See Romans 6:23) He invites all of us to believe and trust in His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, and when we do, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and defend against every hating foe that rises up against us.

Next time David says, they speak not peace, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment