Thursday, September 21, 2023

Stop the Way of the Persecutor - Psalms 35:3

In Psalms chapter thirty five David said, “Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help”, and in chapter thirty-five and verse three of Psalms, David appealed to Jehovah God to, “stop the way against them that persecute me” where we read,

Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me:

say unto my soul, I am your salvation.

The verse begins, Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me:” David began with the words, “Draw out” which means “empty and pour out” “also the spear” or “even so and indeed a lance or javelin used for thrusting”, “and stop the way against them” which means “and shut, close up and deliver the mode, fashion and manner which is hostile, meet and befalling and to the people” “that persecute me” or “who follow after, attend closely to, harass and ardently and eagerly chase me, David, away”. David appealed to Jehovah God to “pull out” his lance or javelin and close off the manner of the people who were harassing and chasing him.

The verse goes on to say,say unto my soul, I am your salvation. David continued with the words, “say unto my soul” or “utter, declare and proclaim to my, David's, inner man, self, life, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion and passion”, “I am your salvation” which means “I, Jehovah God, exist as your, David's, deliverance, welfare, prosperity and victory”. David wanted Jehovah God to tell him that He was his “deliverance, prosperity and victory”.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David depended upon Jehovah God to be his defense. David knew warfare, and he was well aware that stopping the manner or intention of the opposition was an important part of victory. David wanted God to reassure him with His voice that He was his “salvation”. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of mankind. When we submit to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be our defense against anyone who “strives” or “fights” against us.

Next time David says, let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment