Monday, September 25, 2023

LORD, Stir Up Yourself - Psalms 35:23

In Psalms chapter thirty five David said, “Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause. For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land. Yes, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye has seen it. This you have seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me”, and in chapter thirty-five and verse twenty-three of Psalms, David appealed to Jehovah God to, “Stir up yourself, and awake to my judgment” where we read,

Stir up yourself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.

The verse begins, Stir up yourself, and awake to my judgment, ... David began with the words, “Stir up yourself” which means “rouse, awaken and act in an incited manner your own self, Jehovah God”, “and awake” or “and wake up” “to my judgment” which means “toward my, David's, justice, process, procedure and litigation”. David wanted Jehovah God to wake up and bring him justice.

The verse continues, “... even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.” David added the words, “even unto my cause” or “indeed and also toward my, David's, strife, controversy, quarrel, dispute and case at law”, “my God” which means “my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “and my Lord” or “and my, David's, Adonay or the reverent master”. David appealed to his reverent master and Divine judge, Jehovah God, to wake up to his strife and controversy.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David was emphatic in wanting Jehovah God to wake up and help him. David wanted “justice” against his enemies, and he believed he had reason for his “Divine judge” and master to attend to it. God indeed will judge every wrong, and He sent His Son Jesus to bring justice upon every sin, error, mistake and wrong that has or ever will be committed by mankind. Jesus took the punishment of death on the cross to bring “justice” for everyone, and when we trust in, rely upon and cling to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and will have brought justice upon our wrongs. God loves us, and He wants a personal relationship with every person through Jesus, however, let this be known, every person who does not receive His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord” will stand on their own and give an account as they are judged by the Lord God of the Universe. (See Romans 2:12)

Next time David says, Judge me, O LORD my God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment