Saturday, September 16, 2023

I Sought the LORD - Psalms 34:4

In Psalms chapter thirty four David wrote, “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together”, and in chapter thirty-four and verse four of Psalms, David said, “I sought the LORD, and he heard me” where we read,

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

The verse begins, I sought the LORD, and he heard me, ... David began with the words, “I sought the LORD” which means “I, David, resorted to, inquired of and consulted with Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “and he heard me” which means “and he, Jehovah God, answered, responded to and took heed to me, David”. David told how he resorted to and consulted with Jehovah God, and Jehovah answered and took heed to him.

The verse continues,... and delivered me from all my fears. David added the words, “and delivered me” or “and rescued, liberated and snatched me, David, away” “from all my fears” which means “apart and separate from each, every the whole and everyone of my, David's, terrors and dreads”. David shared how Jehovah God rescued and liberated him from his every terror and dread.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn through David how Jehovah God not only listened to him when he resorted to Him, but He also rescued David from every terror that came upon him. David trusted in Jehovah God, and He knew Jehovah would be with him in every circumstance, situation and difficulty that arrived. God loves people, and He desires to rescue them from one of the greatest fears, death, which is the penalty for sins. “All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (See Romans 3:23), and “there is none righteous, no, not one” (See Romans 3:10). We all need Jesus as the “Savior and Lord” who is able to “deliver” us from the terror of sin and death, and when we submit to Him, we will be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life in Heaven with God. Let us give all glory, honor and praise to Jehovah God for listening to us when we seek Him, and rescuing us from “all our fears”.

Next time David says, They looked unto him, and were lightened, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment