Sunday, September 24, 2023

Thanks in the Great Congregation - Psalms 35:18

In Psalms chapter thirty five David asked, “Lord, how long will you look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions”, and in chapter thirty-five and verse eighteen of Psalms, David said, “I will give you thanks in the great congregation” where we read,

I will give you thanks in the great congregation: I will praise you among much people.

The verse begins, I will give you thanks in the great congregation:” David began with the words, “I will give you thanks” which means “I, David, shall laud, praise, revere and worship you, Jehovah God,” “in the great congregation” or “within the abounding, numerous and abundant assembly, company or convocation”. David declared that he would offer praise, reverence and worship to Jehovah God in the large and massive assembly.

The verse goes on to say,I will praise you among much people. David continued with the words, “I will praise you” or “I, David, shall be boastful in you, Jehovah God” “among much people” which means “in the gathering together of a large number of human beings both male and female”. David wrote how he would honor and glorify Jehovah God while he was in a massive assembly.

When we meditate upon words in this verse, we learn how David knew to offer “thanksgiving” and honor to Jehovah God within a large group of people. David was not embarrassed or shy about giving honor to God that He is due, and he went to an assembly of people to do so. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, and today the church is where people gather together to offer praise and honor to Him in a corporate way. Everyone is guilty of sin, and sin keeps us separated from God. When we submit to Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to offer our praise, honor and glory to Him within massive crowd of people for all eternity.

Next time David says, Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment