Monday, September 25, 2023

Judge me, O LORD - Psalms 35:24

In Psalms chapter thirty five David appealed to Jehovah God to, “Stir up yourself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord”, and in chapter thirty-five and verse twenty-four of Psalms, David said, “Judge me, O LORD my God” where we read,

Judge me, O LORD my God, according to your righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.

The verse begins, Judge me, O LORD my God, according to your righteousness; David began with the words, “Judge me” which means “vindicate, act as law-giver, and rule over me, David”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “my God” which means “my, David's, Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”, “according to your righteousness” or “toward and on behalf of your, Jehovah God's, rightness, justice and equity”. David appealed to Jehovah God, his Supreme God, to vindicate him in agreement and accord with His own rightness and justice.

The verse goes on to say, “and let them not rejoice over me. David continued with the words, “and let them” or “and allow and permit them, the false witnesses who were against David” “not rejoice over me” which means “in no way be glad, arrogantly exulting and glad about David's troubles”. David wanted Jehovah God not to allow his hating enemies to gloat and laugh about his difficulties and afflictions.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to vindicate him in keeping with His own equity, and he appealed to God not to allow the false witnesses to gloat and laugh at his troubles. God is a just God, and He is merciful as well. He will bring justice in agreement with His own “righteousness”, and no one will escape His judgment. He allowed judgment to be put upon His Son Jesus Christ on the cross for the sins of all mankind, (See 2 Corinthians 5:21) and anyone who believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will receive His mercy and be forgiven of their sins. God promises everlasting life to everyone who trusts in, relies upon and clings to Him, (See John 3:16-18) and without belief in His sacrifice, a person is left to themselves to be “judged”. God invites every person to receive His Son Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”, and the only way to experience the “mercy” of God is to accept His sacrifice of judgment upon our sins.

Next time David says, Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment