Monday, September 11, 2023

My Hiding Place - Psalms 32:7

In Psalms chapter thirty two David said, “For this shall every one that is godly pray unto you in a time when you may be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come near unto him”, and in chapter thirty two and verse seven of Psalms David said to Jehovah, “you are my hiding place” where we read,

You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble;

you shall compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

The verse begins, You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; David began with the words, “You are my hiding place” which means “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, covering, shelter and secret location”; “you shall preserve me” or “you, Jehovah God, will guard, watch over and keep me, David” “from trouble” which means “apart and separate from narrow and tight straits, distresses, adversaries and foes”. David declared Jehovah God to be his covert secret location, and he knew Jehovah God would watch over and keep him in distresses and when enemies come.

The verse continues,you shall compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. David added the words, “you shall compass me about” or “you, Jehovah God, will encompass, encircle and surround me, David” “with songs of deliverance” which means “by the use of ringing cries and shouts of joy pertaining to escape and liberation”. “Selah” or “lift up, exalt and pause to meditate upon this”. David wrote how Jehovah God would also encompass him by the use of ringing cries of joy for escaping and being liberated.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David knew Jehovah God would be his “secret location” and that He would watch over and protect him from distresses and foes. He declared that Jehovah would surround him with “rejoicing cries” of rescue and liberation. God forgave David's iniquities and sins, and He is willing to do the same for every person who humbles themselves, repents of their sins and receives His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. God wants to be the “hiding place” for everyone, and He desires to give them “songs” of rescue and liberation from their transgressions and sins. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus who came to save and rescue all who call out in repentance to Him.

Next time Jehovah says to David, I will instruct you and teach you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment