Thursday, September 21, 2023

Plead My Cause - Psalms 35:1

Psalms chapter thirty five begins with the heading, [[A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a melody or poem set to notes“of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter thirty-five and verse one of Psalms, David said, “Plead my cause, O LORD” where we read,

Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.

The verse begins, Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me:” David began with the words, “Plead my cause” which means “strive, contend, make a complaint and conduct a case for my, David's, grounds, justification and reason”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”,“with them” or “alongside the people whether male or female” “that strive with me” which means “who contend, oppose and are as adversaries alongside and against me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to strive and contend with the people who opposed and contended with him.

The verse goes on to say, fight against them that fight against me. David continued with the words, “fight against them” or “do battle and make war with the people whether male or female” “that fight against me” which means “who engage in battle and make war in opposition to me, David”. David instructed Jehovah God to do battle with the people who were battling against him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David knew where to carry the people who were in opposition to him. David had enemies, and many people strove and contended with him. David was the man who Jehovah God called, “a man after my own heart” (See 1 Samuel 13:14 and Acts 13:22), and anyone who was opposed to David was in effect in opposition to God. God loves everyone, and His invitation to receive His Son Jesus as “Savior and Lord” is open to anyone who believes and trusts in Him. However, should a person “strive” and “fight” against His chosen ones, woe be them because they not only fight against God's chosen but also Jehovah God whom they serve.

Next time David says, stand up for my help, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment