Sunday, October 16, 2022

Bear Much Fruit - John 15:8

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you”, and in chapter fifteen and verse eight of his book John shared how Jesus said, “Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit”, where we read:

Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples.

The verse reads,Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; John began with Jesus' words, “Herein is my Father” which means “with and by this exists my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God as” “glorified” or “praised, extolled, magnified and celebrated”, “that you bear much fruit” which means “that you, disciples of Jesus, carry, uphold and bring forward a lot and great number of works, acts and deeds”. John shared how Jesus said the “many works, acts and deeds” performed by His disciples would cause His Heavenly Father to be “magnified and celebrated”.

The verse continues, so shall you be my disciples.” John added Jesus' words, “so shall you” which means “even so and indeed will you, disciples of Jesus” “be my disciples” or “exist as my, Jesus', students, pupils and attendants”. John shared How Jesus told His disciples they would be His because they “glorified” His Father through their many “works, acts and deeds”.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus said His “disciples” would “glorify” His Heavenly Father when they performed their many “works, acts and deeds”, and these would validate their being His “students, pupils and attendants”. God loves people and desires to have a personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus. When they yield their life to Him, He will forgive their sins, grant them everlasting life and use them in His Kingdom to bring glory to His Father God.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “as the Father has loved me, so have I loved you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment