Sunday, October 30, 2022

The World Has Not Known God - John 17:25

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed, Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world”, and in chapter seventeen and verse twenty-five of his book John shared how Jesus prayed, “O righteous Father, the world has not known you” where we read:

O righteous Father, the world has not known you:

but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me.

The verse reads,O righteous Father, the world has not known you: John began with Jesus' words, “O righteous Father” which means “O virtuous, upright, innocent, faultless and guiltless Heavenly Father God”, “the world has not known you” or “the earth and it's inhabitants have in no way or manner understood, perceived or been acquainted with you, Heavenly Father God”. John shared how Jesus referred to the “uprightness and guiltless” nature of His Heavenly Father God as He declared how the “earth and it's inhabitants” did not “understand or perceive” Him.

The verse continues, “but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me.” John added the words, “but I have known you” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, Jesus, have understood, perceived and been acquainted with you, God the Heavenly Father”, “and these have known” which means “and these, Jesus' disciples, have perceived, understood and been acquainted with the idea” “that you have sent me” or “that you, Heavenly Father God, have dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus referred to how He “perceived and knew” His Heavenly Father God, and His disciples also “understood” that God the Heavenly Father God dispatched and assigned Him.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we see how “the earth and it's inhabitants” were unaware of God the Heavenly Father even though Jesus was. Jesus knew His Heavenly Father God, and His disciples “knew” that Jesus was “dispatched” by Him. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for their sins so they may live forever with Him. Those who yield their lives to Jesus will experience the love, care, concern and direction of God and be granted everlasting life with Him in Heaven.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God saying, “I have declared unto them your name”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment