Wednesday, October 19, 2022

They Had Not Had Sin - John 15:24

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, He that hates me hates my Father also”, and in chapter fifteen and verse twenty-four of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin”, where we read:

If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin:

but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

The verse reads,If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: John began with the words, “If I had not done among them” which means “whether and in case I, Jesus, did not perform, produce and make ready with and beside the inhabitants of the world” “the works” or “the business, employments, acts and deeds” “which none other man did” which means “that not another person whether male or female performed, produced and made ready”, “they had not had sin” or “the inhabitants of the world would not have missed the mark, erred or made mistakes”. John shared how Jesus said “if” He had not performed His “acts and deeds” that no other person performed, the inhabitants of the world would not have “missed the mark or erred”.

The verse continues, but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.” John added the words, “both now” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover at this time and moment” “have they both seen” or “have the inhabitants of the world even so and indeed observed, noticed and discerned” “and hated both me” which means “and despised, detested and persecuted even so and indeed me, Jesus” “and my Father” or “and my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God”. John shared how Jesus declared that people indeed “saw” Him and “despised” Him and His Heavenly Father God.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus referred to the mighty acts and deeds He performed among people that they had never “seen” before, and yet, they “hated” Him. This revealed and exposed their “sin”, and they were without excuse. Anyone who examines the life of Jesus and all He did among people while He was on the earth should understand their “sinful state” against God the Father and their need for a “Savior”. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus to demonstrate His love by having Jesus die on the cross for their sins which separated them from a relationship with Him. Those who put their faith and trust in Jesus will be saved, and those who oppose Him “hate” God and His plan of “salvation” for mankind. Let all who read these words take heed.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells His disciples, “they hated me without a cause”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment