Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Peace of Jesus - John 14:27

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you”, and in chapter fourteen and verse twenty-seven of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”, where we read:

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you.

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The verse reads,Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. John began with the words, “Peace I leave with you” which means “tranquility, harmony, concord, safety and felicity”, “my peace I give unto you” or “my, Jesus', tranquility, harmony, concord, safety and felicity I, Jesus, grant, bestow, furnish and supply to you, disciples of Jesus”: “not as the world gives” which means “not in the way the earth and it's inhabitants grants, bestows, furnishes and supplies”, “give I unto you” or “grant, bestow, furnish and supply to you, disciples of Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said He was “leaving” His calm and tranquility with them, however, His “calm” would be different than the “world and it's inhabitants” bestow.

The verse continues, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.John added the words, “Let not your heart” which means “do not allow and permit your, disciples of Jesus', souls or minds as they are the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes and endeavors” “be troubled” or “exist as disquieted, disturbed, made restless and stirred up”, “neither let it be afraid” which means “no and in no way allow or permit the souls and minds of the disciples exist as timid and fearful”. John shared how Jesus instructed His disciples not to allow their “souls and minds” to be “disquieted and disturbed”, nor were they to permit their “souls and minds” to be fearful and timid.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we see how Jesus was to “leave” His disciples with His “calm and tranquility” which was different than what the world has to offer. The disciples of Jesus were not to allow their “souls and minds” to be “disquieted” nor “fearful” because His Holy Spirit, the Comforter, would be with them. God sent His Son Jesus to the world who is the “Prince of Peace”, and the “calm” He provides to a believer in Him will be manifested when difficulties and troubles arise. Jesus came to be the “Savior and Lord” of mankind, and every person who surrenders their life to Him may experience the “peace of God” that unbelievers in Him shall never know.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells His disciples, “you have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment