Thursday, October 27, 2022

Jesus Manifesting His Father's Name - John 17:6

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God, And this is life eternal, that they might know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do. And now, O Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was”, and in chapter seventeen and verse six of his book John shared how Jesus prayed to His Father God concerning His disciples, “I have manifested your name unto the men which you gave me” where we read:

I have manifested your name unto the men which you gave me out of the world:

yours they were, and you gave them to me; and they have kept your word.

The verse reads,I have manifested your name unto the men which you gave me out of the world: John began with Jesus' words, “I have manifested your name” which means “I, Jesus, have exposed and made known your, God the Heavenly Father's, name and everything which the name covers including the thoughts or feelings which are aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing and remembering” “unto the men” or “to the male human beings” “which you gave me” which means “that you, God the Heavenly Father, granted, provided, furnished and supplied to me, Jesus” “out of the world” or “from the earth and it's inhabitants”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father that He revealed Him to the “men” whom God the Father provided to Him from the earth and it's inhabitants.

The verse continues, “yours they were, and you gave them to me; and they have kept your word.” John added Jesus' words, “yours they were” or “to you, God the Heavenly Father, the men provided to Jesus belong”, “and you gave them to me” which means “and you, God the Heavenly Father, granted, provided, furnished and supplied to me, Jesus”; “and they have kept your word” or “and the men God the Heavenly Father have attended to carefully, observed and taken care of your, God the Heavenly Father's, speech, uttered word, decree and mandate”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father that the “disciples” belonged to Him, were provided by Him and they observed “God the Heavenly Father's” utterance and sayings.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus made declarations to His Heavenly Father about the “men” or “disciples” God provided to Him. Jesus knew these men actually belonged to God the Father, and they were provided to Jesus upon the earth to train and teach God's “word” which they learned to “keep”. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to provide them with “salvation” from the penalty of sin which is death. When they surrender their lives to Jesus, He will forgive their sins, grant them everlasting life and begin to teach them His ways. Those who are wise will yield their lives to Jesus and allow Him through His Holy Spirit to instruct them in the “word” of God the Father so they may have fullness and completeness of life with exceeding joy.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays how His disciples, “have known that all things whatsoever you have given me are of you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment