Thursday, October 27, 2022

Jesus No More in the World - John 17:11

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God, I have manifested your name unto the men which you gave me out of the world: yours they were, and you gave them to me; and they have kept your word. Now they have known that all things whatsoever you have given me are of you. For I have given unto them the words which you gave me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from you, and they have believed that you did send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which you have given me; for they are yours. And all mine are yours, and yours are mine; and I am glorified in them”, and in chapter seventeen and verse eleven of his book John shared how Jesus prayed, “now I am no more in the world”” where we read:

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are.

The verse reads,And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. John began with Jesus' words, “and now I am no more in the world” which means “and at this time and moment I, Jesus, exist no longer within the earth”, “but these are in the world” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover these, Jesus' disciples, exist within the earth”, “and I come to you” which means “and I, Jesus, arise and appear to you, God the Heavenly Father”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father that He would no longer be upon the earth, however, His disciples would be. Jesus also told His Heavenly Father God that He was soon to appear before Him.

The verse goes on to say, “Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are.” John continued with Jesus' words, “Holy Father” or “Most Sacred, morally blameless and ceremonially consecrated Heavenly Father God”, “keep through your own name” which means “attend carefully to, guard and take care by way and means of your, the Heavenly Father God's, name and everything which the name covers including thoughts or feelings which are aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing and remembering” “those whom you have given me” or “those, the disciples of Jesus, that you, God the Heavenly Father, granted, bestowed, furnished and supplied to me, Jesus”, “that they may be as one” which means “so they, the disciples of Jesus, might exist like one absolute unit”, “as we are” or “even similar and in likeness to we, Jesus and His Heavenly Father God”. John shared how Jesus prayed for His “Holy” Heavenly Father God would “guard and care for” His disciples so they would be “unified” as “one unit” like Jesus and His Heavenly Father.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus was preparing to leave the “earth” and rejoin His Heavenly Father, however, He cared for His disciples because they would be left upon the earth and needed the “care” of God so they would be unified. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal relationship with anyone who will yield to His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. He is a “Holy” God who wants His followers to be “unified” as they live among one another, and those who read these words should not only surrender their lives to Jesus but also seek to be “one” with other believers.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God, “while I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment