Sunday, October 16, 2022

Keep Jesus' Commandments and Love - John 15:10

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you: continue you in my love”, and in chapter fifteen and verse ten of his book John shared how Jesus said, “if you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love”, where we read:

If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

The verse reads,If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; John began Jesus' words, “If you keep my commandments” which means “whether and in case you, disciples of Jesus, attend to carefully, observe and reserve the orders, demands, charges and precepts of Jesus”, “you shall abide” or “you, disciples of Jesus, will remain and continued” “in my love” which means “within my, Jesus' fondness, well pleasing, benevolence and affection”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “if” they “observed and attended” carefully to His “orders, precepts and charges” they would “remain” in His “love”.

The verse continues, even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” John added the words, “even as I” which means “in the same way and manner that I, Jesus” “have kept my Father's commandments” or “have attended to carefully, observed and reserved my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God's orders, demands, charges and precept”, “and abide in his love” which means “,and remain and continue in his, the Heavenly Father God's, fondness, well pleasing, benevolence and affection”. John shared how Jesus set His own “keeping and obeying” His Heavenly Father God's “demands and charges” and His “continuing” in His Heavenly Father God's “love” as the standard for the way His disciples should “observe” His “commands” and “remain” in His “love”.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we discover the benefits to “observing” Jesus' “orders and precepts”. People who follow Jesus' “rule of living” will continue in His “love”, and His “commitment” and “love” for His Heavenly Father God is the “standard” for obedience. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus not only to die on the cross and be raised back to life three days later, but also to be a “model” for which all people should “obey” His way of living and “loving” God. Anyone who submits themselves to Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord” should “keep” His “commandments” and continue in His “love”, and those who are wise surrender and yield their lives to Him and obey.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “these things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment