Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Having and Keeping Jesus' Commandments - John 14:21

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: because I live, you shall live also. At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you”, and in chapter fourteen and verse twenty-one of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “he that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me”, where we read:

He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

The verse reads,He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: John began with the words, “He that has my commandments” which means “the person whether male or female who holds, owns and possesses my, Jesus', orders, commands, charges, precepts and injunctions”, “and keeps them” or “and attends carefully to, reserves and observes the commandments of Jesus”, “he it is that loves me” which means “that person whether male or female welcomes, entertains, is fond of and dearly loves me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said the person who “possesses” and “attends carefully to” His “orders and precepts” is the one who “dearly loves” Him.

The verse continues, and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.John added the words, “and he that loves me” which means “and the person who welcomes, entertains, is fond of and dearly loves me, Jesus” “shall be loved” or “will be welcomed, entertained, fond of and dearly loved” “of my Father” which means “by my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God”, “and I will love him” or “and I, Jesus, shall welcome, entertain, be fond of and dearly love him, the person who loves Jesus and His Heavenly Father God”, “and will manifest myself to him” which means “and shall exhibit, disclose, declare and make known my own self to that person whether male or female”. John shared how Jesus said the person who “loves” Him will be “loved” by His Heavenly Father God, and He added that He Himself would “love” that person and make Himself known to them.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn the great benefit there is to “holding and possessing” the “commandments” of Jesus. The person who has and observes Jesus' “commands” will be “loved” by God the Father, and they demonstrate their “love” to Him and His Father God by doing so. Jesus promised to “love” the person who “keeps His commandments”, and He added that He will reveal Himself to those who surrender their lives to Him in this manner. Those who are wise will carefully study Jesus' words and understand there is a direct relationship between having the “commandments” of Jesus, “keeping them” and “loving” He and His Father God to have Jesus “love” them and make Himself known to everyone who does.

Next time John shares how, “Judas said to him, not Iscariot, Lord how is it that you will manifest yourself unto us?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment