Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Keep Jesus' Words If You Love Him - John 14:23

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas said unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself unto us, and not unto the world?”, and in chapter fourteen and verse twenty-three of his book John shared how Jesus answered, “if a man love me, he will keep my words”, where we read:

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

The verse reads, Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: John began with the words, “Jesus answered and said unto him” which means “the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation responded and began to speak as He uttered, declared and proclaimed to Judas”, “If a man love me” or “whether and in case a person whether male or female welcomes, entertains, is fond of and dearly loves me, Jesus”, “he will keep my words” which means “that person will attend to carefully, reserve and observe my, Jesus', speeches and discourses”. John shared how Jesus told Judas who was not “Iscariot” that when a person “dearly loves” Jesus they will also “attend carefully to” His “speeches and discourses”.

The verse continues, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.John added the words, “and my Father” which means “and my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God” “will love him” or “shall welcome, entertain, be fond of and dearly love that person whether male or female”, “and we will come unto him” which means “and we, Jesus and His Heavenly Father God, will arise and appear to that person”, “and make our abode with him” or “and prepare, produce and make ready our, Jesus and God the Heavenly Father's, dwelling alongside the person who loves Jesus and keeps His commandments”. John shared how Jesus said the person who loves Him and “keeps” His “commandments” will be “loved” by God the Father, and both He and Jesus will appear to them and dwell alongside them.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how the person who “loves” Jesus and observes His “sayings” will be “loved” by God the Father, and He and Jesus will make their “abode” with them. In other words, there is a direct relationship between Jesus, keeping His commandments and being “loved” by God the Heavenly Father. God the Father and His Son Jesus desire to live within the people who believe and trust in Him, and when a person yields their life to Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”, they will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with God. Those who examine these words of Jesus will discover God the Father's desire to “dwell within them”, and the wise person allows Him entrance.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “He that loves me not keeps not my sayings”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment