Sunday, October 30, 2022

With Jesus - John 17:24

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God about His disciples, the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one. I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me”, and in chapter seventeen and verse twenty-four of his book John shared how Jesus prayed, “Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me” where we read:

Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world.

The verse reads,Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; John began with Jesus' words, “Father, I will that they also” which means “Heavenly Father God, I, Jesus, desire, crave, wish and have in mind that they, Jesus' disciples, even so and indeed”, “whom you have given me” or “that you, Heavenly Father God, have granted, bestowed, furnished and supplied me, Jesus”, “be with me where I am” which means “to exist alongside me, Jesus, in the place and location I, Jesus, exist”. John shared how Jesus desired for His disciples to “exist” in the same location as He.

The verse goes on to say, “that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world.” John continued with Jesus' words, “that they may behold my glory” or “so they, the disciples of Jesus, might look upon, perceive, view attentively and consider my, Jesus', honor, praise, splendor and brightness”, “which you have given me” which means “that you, Heavenly Father God, have granted, bestowed, furnished and supplied me, Jesus”: “for you loved me” or “because, since and on account that you, Heavenly Father God, have been fond of, well pleased, contented with and dearly loved me, Jesus” “before the foundation of the world” which means “in advance and prior to the conception, deposition and founding of the circle of the earth”. John shared how Jesus desired for His disciples to “see and look upon” His “splendor and brightness and love” that God the Heavenly Father provided to Him in advance of the “founding” of the “earth”.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we discover how Jesus wanted His disciples to be with Him so they could look upon His “honor, splendor and brightness” which God gave to Him because He “loved” Him so dearly. God loves everybody, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for their sins so they could live with Him forever. Those who yield to Him will “look upon” Jesus' “glory” and realize the amazing “love” God has for Him. Let all who read these words understand God's love for Jesus and submit to His desire to have every person surrender their lives to Him as their “Savior and Lord” and thereby forever live with Him.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God saying, “O righteous Father, the world has not known you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment