Saturday, October 29, 2022

Jesus Coming to God - John 17:13

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God, now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name: those that you gave me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled”, and in chapter seventeen and verse thirteen of his book John shared how Jesus prayed to His Heavenly Father God, “now come I to you” where we read:

And now come I to you;

and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

The verse reads,And now come I to you; John began with the words, “and now” which means “at this time and moment” “come I to you” or “arise and appear I, Jesus, to you, God the Heavenly Father”. John shared how Jesus noted this would be the “time” when He would go to His Heavenly Father God.

The verse goes on to say, “and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.” John continued with the words, “and these things” or “and the words concerning His disciples” “I speak in the world” which means “I, Jesus, utter, declare and proclaim in the earth”, “that they might have my joy” or “so they, Jesus' disciples, may hold, own and possess my, Jesus', gladness and calm delight” “fulfilled in themselves” which means “completed and finished within their, the disciples of Jesus', own selves”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father God that He spoke the words concerning His disciples while on the earth so “they” could have His “gladness and calm delight” within their own selves.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus was to go to His Heavenly Father, and He gave the reason that He spoke “God's words to His disciples – so they would thereby have His “gladness and calm delight” completed within themselves. God loves people and desires to give them His “words” and the “gladness” of His Son Jesus through belief and trust in Him. When a person yields their life to Jesus, He forgives their sins, provides them with everlasting life and extends to them “age-abiding” life which includes His “joy”. Anyone who studies the life of Jesus will discover His desire to “save” everyone, and those who are wise surrender to His provision of “salvation and joy”.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God about His disciples saying, “I have given them your word”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment