Thursday, October 27, 2022

Kept in God's Name - John 17:12

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God, now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are, and in chapter seventeen and verse twelve of his book John shared how Jesus prayed to His Heavenly Father God, “While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name” where we read:

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name: those that you gave me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The verse reads,While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name: John began with Jesus' words, “while I was with them in the world” which means “during the time I, Jesus, was alongside and by them, the disciples of Jesus, within the earth”, “I kept them in your name” or “I, Jesus, cared for, watched over and guarded His disciples within God the Heavenly Father's name and everything which the name covers including the thoughts or feelings which are aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing and remembering”. John shared how Jesus referred to the time He was alongside His disciples on the earth where He “watched over and guarded” them in the Heavenly Father God's “name”.

The verse continues, “those that you gave me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.” John added the words, “those that you gave me” or “those, the disciples of Jesus, that God the Heavenly Father granted, bestowed, furnished and supplied me, Jesus” “I have kept” which means “I, Jesus, have watched over, cared for and guarded”, “and none of them is lost” or “and not a single one of the disciples of Jesus exists as destroyed, rendered useless and entirely abolished”, “but the son of perdition” which means “except for the offspring, posterity and descendant belonging to destroying, utter destruction, perishing and ruin”; “that the scripture might be fulfilled” or “so the Holy document or Writ may abound, be furnished, supplied and completed”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father God that He “watched over and cared for” His disciples whom God supplied, and that not a single one of them was “rendered useless and abolished” with the exception of the “one” who “fulfilled” the Holy Scripture by being a “descendant and posterity” of destruction.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus “watched over” His disciples during the time He was on the earth, and He did not “lose” any of them except for the “posterity of perishing and ruin”. Jesus cares for His disciples, and God the Father provided every person He knew in advance would surrender their life to Him. God's desire is to have a personal relationship with everyone through His Son Jesus, and when they yield their lives to Him, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life. Let all who read these words submit themselves to Jesus who is willing to “save” them, watch over them and provide them with eternal life with Himself and His Father God.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God, “now come I to you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment