Thursday, October 13, 2022

He that Does Not Love Jesus - John 14:24

The apostle John wrote, Judas said unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him”, and in chapter fourteen and verse twenty-four of his book John shared how Jesus said, “He that loves me not keeps not my sayings”, where we read:

He that loves me not keeps not my sayings:

and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

The verse reads,He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: John began with the words, “He that loves me not” which means “the person whether male or female who is not fond of, well pleased with or does not love Jesus dearly” “keeps not my sayings” or “does not attend carefully to, observe or take care of my, Jesus, speeches and discourses”. John shared how the person who does not “love” Jesus does not observe and disregards what He has to say.

The verse goes on to say, and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.John continued with the words, “and the word” which means “and the speech, uttered word, decree, mandate or order” “which you hear” or “that you, disciples of Jesus, are endowed with the faculty of hearing, perceiving, understanding, noticing and discerning” “is not mine” which means “does not exist as mine, Jesus'”, “but the Father's” or “yes moreover the Heavenly Father God's” “which sent me” that means “who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”. John shared Jesus told His disciples the “speeches and discourses” they “heard” from Him were not just His words, they were from the Heavenly Father God.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus associated the “love” a person has for Him with the way they “keep” His “speeches and discourses”. This is because the “word” He shared came from God the Heavenly Father. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus. When a person surrenders their life to Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”, they listen attentively to His “words” and “observe and keep” them. Jesus' words have the path to eternal life with God, and those who are wise will “love” Him and the things that He says.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “these things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment