Friday, October 14, 2022

Told Before It Happens - John 14:29

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I”, and in chapter fourteen and verse twenty-nine of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “now I have told you before it come to pass”, where we read:

And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, you might believe.

The verse reads,And now I have told you before it come to pass, ... John began with the words, “and now I have told you” which means “and at this present time I, Jesus, have uttered and spoken to you, disciples of Jesus” “before it come to pass” or “in advance and prior to Jesus going to and returning from His Father”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples He was telling them in advance how He would go to His Father God and come back again.

The verse goes on to say, ... that, when it is come to pass, you might believe.John continued with the words, “that, when” which means “so the time and moment” “it is come to pass” or “Jesus going to His Father and returning happens and occurs”, “you might believe” which means “you, disciples of Jesus, will be persuaded, trust and place confidence in what Jesus said”. John shared how Jesus said He was telling His disciples about these things in advance so when it happens, they will “trust and have confidence” in what He said.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus wanted His disciples to know in advance about Him going to His Heavenly Father God and returning again. Because He would be true to His word, after He went to His Father and returned to them, they would know what He told them could be believed. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus. When they yield to Him as their “Savior and Lord”, He begins to share with them in intimate ways to guide them when they are willing to hear. Let all who read these words “believe” in Jesus who knows things that will “come to pass” even before they actually do.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells His disciples, “hereafter I will not talk much with you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment