Sunday, October 30, 2022

Made Perfect in One - John 17:23

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God about His disciples, the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one”, and in chapter seventeen and verse twenty-three of his book John shared how Jesus prayed, “I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one” where we read:

I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one;

and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me.

The verse reads,I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one; John began with Jesus' words, “I in them” which means “I, Jesus, within them, the disciples of Jesus”, “and you in me” or “and you, Heavenly Father God, within me, Jesus”, “that they may be made perfect” which means “so they, the disciples of Jesus, might appear and stand as complete, accomplished, finished and brought to an end” “in one” or “within unity and as one”. John shared how Jesus prayed that His disciples would have a direct relationship with Him as God was within Him so they could be made “complete and finished”.

The verse continues, “and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me.” John added Jesus' words, “and that the world may know” or “and thereby the earth and it's inhabitants will perceive, understand, have knowledge of and become acquainted with the idea” “that you have sent me” which means “that you, Heavenly Father God, have dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”, “and have loved them” or “and have been fond of, well pleased with and contented with them, the disciples of Jesus”, “as you have loved me” which means “even like and similar to the way and manner you, God the Heavenly Father, have been fond of, well pleased with and contented with me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said the reason His disciples were to be “made perfect in one” was so the “earth and it's inhabitants” would understand that He was “dispatched and assigned” by His Heavenly Father God, and the “world” would see that God “loves” the disciples of Jesus in the same way He “loves” Jesus.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus desired for His disciples to be “completed and finished” in Him because their lives would become a testimony for God's assignment of Jesus and the “love” He has not only for Jesus, but also for all people who yield their lives to Him. God wants the “world” and it's inhabitants to know that He loves them, and He sent His Son Jesus to the “world” to die for the sins of all mankind so they may have a personal relationship with Him. Everyone who surrenders their life to Jesus will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life and come to understand the “love” God the Heavenly Father has for Jesus and all who believe in Him. Let all who read these words carefully consider the “love” and commitment of God the Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus and submit their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God saying, “O righteous Father, the world has not known you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment