Thursday, October 20, 2022

I Go My Way - John 16:5

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, These things have I spoken unto you, that you should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yes, the time comes, that whosoever kills you will think that he does God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, you may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you”, and in chapter sixteen and verse five of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “I go my way to him that sent me”, where we read:

But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asked me, Where are you going?

The verse reads,But now I go my way to him that sent me; John began with Jesus' words, “but now I go my way” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover at this time and moment I, Jesus, withdraw and depart” “to him that sent me” or “to the One, God the Father, who assigned and dispatched me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples He was returning to His Father God who dispatched Him.

The verse continues, and none of you asked me, Where are you going?” John added the words, “and none of you asked me” which means “and not a single one of you, disciples of Jesus, inquired of, questioned, requested, begged and beseeched me, Jesus”, “where are you going” or “at what place and location are you, Jesus, withdrawing, leaving and departing”? John shared how Jesus said “not one of you disciples” inquired of Him to what place He was departing.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus stated that He was indeed leaving the earth, soon, and not one of His disciples asked Him to what place He was withdrawing. Jesus knew the plan of “salvation” from His Father God included Him dying upon the cross to pay the price for the sin within the lives of people. God wants to forgive every person who yields to His Son Jesus, and when they surrender to Him, not only will He forgive their sins, but He will grant them everlasting life. Let all who read these words understand that Jesus went through all “these things” so people might receive Him as their “Savior and Lord”.

Next time we see John share how Jesus tells His disciples why, “sorrow has filled your heart”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment