Sunday, October 30, 2022

God's Name Declared - John 17:26

John the apostle wrote how Jesus prayed, Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world has not known you: but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me”, and in chapter seventeen and verse twenty-six of his book John shared how Jesus prayed, “I have declared unto them your name” where we read:

And I have declared unto them your name, and will declare it:

that the love wherewith you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.

The verse reads,And I have declared unto them your name, and will declare it: John began with Jesus' words, “and I have declared unto them” which means “and I, Jesus, have made known, given understanding and certified to His disciples” “your name” or “your, God the Heavenly Father's, name and everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing and remembering”, “and will declare it” which means “and I, Jesus, shall make known, give understanding to and certify the name of God the Heavenly Father”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father that He “made known” His “name”, and He would continue to “share” it.

The verse goes on to say, “that the love wherewith you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.” John continued with Jesus words, “that the love” or “so the affection good will, benevolence and brotherly love” “wherewith you have loved me” which means “that you, Heavenly Father God, have been fond of, well pleased with, contented and dearly loved me, Jesus” “may be in them” or “might exist within them, the disciples of Jesus”, “and I in them” which means “and I, Jesus, within them, the disciples of Jesus”. John shared how Jesus desired for the “love” that God provided Him might also be within His disciples and that He would be within them as well.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn not only that Jesus “proclaimed” God the Heavenly Father's “name” to His disciples, but that He would continue doing so. The reason for this is so the “love” of the Heavenly Father God which was “given” to Jesus would reside in them as well. God wants to live within every person, and this is available through a relationship with His Son Jesus. Those who surrender their lives to Jesus will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God, and those who are wise will submit to Him and experience the love and presence of Jesus Christ within their lives.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see John shares how Jesus, “went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment