Wednesday, October 12, 2022

The World Seeing Jesus No More - John 14:19

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you”, and in chapter fourteen and verse nineteen of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “yet a little while, and the world sees me no more”, where we read:

Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: because I live, you shall live also.

The verse reads,Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; John began with the words, “Yet a little while” which means “still and even now for a small amount of time”, “and the world” or “and the circle of the earth with it's inhabitants” “sees me no more” which means “beholds, observes, perceives or discerns me, Jesus, no longer”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples it would only be a short time and the people of the world would not “observe” Him any longer.

The verse continues, but you see me: because I live, you shall live also.John added the words, “but you see” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover you, disciples of Jesus, behold, observe, perceive and discern” “me” which refers to “Jesus”: “because I live” which means “since and on account that I, Jesus, breathe, have full life and vigor, am strong and efficient”, “you shall live also” or “you, disciples of Jesus, will even so and indeed breathe, have full life and vigor, be strong and efficient”. John shared Jesus told His disciples since He “was full of life and vigor”, they too would be “full of life and vigor”.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we discover Jesus informing His disciples about not being “with” them for very much longer. Neither Jesus' disciples nor the inhabitants of the earth would “behold” Jesus for very much longer, however, because they had a personal relationship with Him, Jesus' disciples would be “full of life” even as He was “full of life”. Jesus was to go to the cross and die for the sins of the whole world, and afterward He would depart to Heaven to be with His Father God. At that point the disciples would be without Him in the world, but Jesus promised they would “live” even as He “lived” because of their faith and trust in Him. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus. When they surrender their lives to Him, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life with God. Those who are wise will hear and understand Jesus' words and believe so they may “observe” Him in full life and vigor for all eternity.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".

 







No comments:

Post a Comment