Friday, October 14, 2022

Jesus Not Talking Much Anymore - John 14:30

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, you might believe”, and in chapter fourteen and verse thirty of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “hereafter I will not talk much with you”, where we read:

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and had nothing in me.

The verse reads,Hereafter I will not talk much with you: John began with the word, “Hereafter” which means “from this point in time on” “I will not talk much” or “I, Jesus, will not have at lot of speech and discourse” “with you” which means “alongside you, disciples of Jesus”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples He would not be “speaking” at lot to them from this time forward.

The verse continues, for the prince of this world comes, and had nothing in me.John added the words, “for the prince” which means “because, since and on account that the ruler, commander, chief and leader” “of this world comes” or “the one who belongs to the circle of the earth arises and appears”, “and had nothing in me” which means “and did not have one thing or accusations against Jesus”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples the “commander and chief” of the “earth” was to appear, but did not have one thing for which to accuse or condemn Him.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus was not going to speak with His disciples very much from this point on in His earthly ministry. The “prince of the world” who is Satan was to arise and appear against Him, however, he had nothing of which to accuse Jesus. Jesus lived a perfect life and went to the cross as the sacrifice for the sins of the world. Though “Satan” sought to accuse and condemn Him, he found nothing Jesus did wrong. Because Jesus went to the cross, all who believe and trust in Him may be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with God. Satan may have a lot for which to accuse and condemn people, but because of Jesus, all who believe in Him may be saved.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells His disciples, “that the world may know that I love the Father”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment