Friday, October 21, 2022

Reproved of Righteousness - John 16:10

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. Of sin, because they believe not on me”, and in chapter sixteen and verse ten of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “of righteousness, because I go to my Father” where we read:

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you see me no more;

The verse reads,Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, ... John began with Jesus' words, “of righteousness” which means “pertaining to integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness and correctness of thinking, feeling and acting”, “because I go to my Father” or “since and on account that I, Jesus, depart, leave and go forth to my, Jesus, Heavenly Father God”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples He would “send the Comforter” to the earth and it's inhabitants to convict the world of “integrity, purity of life and right thinking and acting” since He would leave them to go to His “Father God”.

The verse goes on to say, “and you see me no more”. John added the words, “and you see me” or “and you, disciples of Jesus, observe, behold and look upon me, Jesus” “no more” which means “no longer or further”. John shared how Jesus told His disciples they would no longer “behold and look upon” Him.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus also sent the “Comforter Holy Spirit” to the earth and it's inhabitants to convict them in the areas of “integrity, purity of life, rightness and correct thinking, feeling and acting”. Mankind's tendency is not to have “integrity and correct thinking”, so part of the “Comforter Holy Spirit's” responsibility is to convince them of those things. God loves people, and He knows the best way for them to live. They begin by having a personal relationship with His Son Jesus Christ who will forgive them of their sins and grant them everlasting life when they surrender to Him. Let all who read these words be “convicted” by the “Holy Spirit of God” and live according to the “rightness and integrity” He desires of them.

Next time we see John share how Jesus says, “of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment