Sunday, October 23, 2022

Now You Don't See Me, and Now You Do - John 16:16

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, All things that the Father has are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you”, and in chapter sixteen and verse sixteen of his book John shared how Jesus told His disciples, “A little while, and you shall not see me … a little while, and you shall see me” where we read:

A little while, and you shall not see me:

and again, a little while, and you shall see me, because I go to the Father.

The verse reads,A little while, and you shall not see me: John began with Jesus' words, “a little while” which means “a small or brief amount of time”, “and you shall not see me” or “and you, disciples of Jesus, will not behold, view or look upon me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said His disciples in a small amount of time would not be able to “look upon” Him.

The verse goes on to say, and again, a little while, and you shall see me, because I go to the Father.. John continued with the words, “and again” or “and another time”, “a little while” which means “a small or brief amount of time”, “and you shall see me” or “and you, disciples of Jesus, will behold, view and look upon me, Jesus”, “because I go to the Father” which means “since and on account I, Jesus, depart, leave and go forth to the Heavenly Father God”. John shared how Jesus continued speaking to His disciples because it would only be a brief time later and they would “behold” Him again “because” He was going to His Heavenly Father God.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus informed His disciples that He would be with them for a “short time” more. He also let them know it would be a “brief time” after that when they would “see” Him again. Jesus was going to His Father in Heaven, and after He died on the cross for the sins of the world, was raised from the dead three days later, He appeared to His disciples again for a period of time before leaving them. God's desire is to have an eternal personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and those who believe and trust in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with Him. Those who are wise will “see” Jesus and His plan of salvation and surrender their lives to Him so they may “see” Him in Heaven “face to face”.

Next time we see John share how Jesus' disciples ask, “what is this that he said unto us, a little while, and you shall not see me?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment